Organic China: bridging Europe and China in the organic sector
Watch this 10-minute documentary
Can Organic Farming Feed China? - A Glimpse of Sustainable Farming in China
My journey into China organics has started since 2007, when I moved back to Beijing with my family from England. It went from looking for clean food to close observation of and interaction with sustainable farming and the organic sector in China.
It has been an enlightening and rewarding effort: having clean and tasty food in a country where food safety has become a serious issue in recent years, gaining insights into the organic industry in China, and developing a network of producers and consumers across the country.
In addition to writing in Chinese since 2009 I have started to write reports in English on a freelance basis for Organic Market Info on the development of the organic sector in China with relevance to the European organic industry.
List of articles published on Organic Market Info
- The Current State of the Organic Market in China (23.05.2015)
- Helekang - One of the Leading Players in Online Organic Retailing in China (14.01.2014)
- Shanghai Organic Chain Store - Haikele (17.05.2013)
- China: Involving Peasant Farmers in Organic Farming (19.04.2013)
- BioFach China - the Only Truly Organic Exhibition in China (16.04.2013)
- China has felt the Pinch of the New Organic Rules (03.01.2013)
- China's Organic Rules: New Developments (05.04.2012)
- China Tightening up Inspections of Organic Certification and Labelling (16.02.2012)
- Native & good - A Food Community in China (12.01.2012)
- God's Grace Garden - a Farm Run on Biodynamic Principles in China (22.12.2011)
- Exporting Organics to China (08.09.2011)
- BioFach China and Domestic Market Development (31.08.2011)
- Salone del Gusto/Terra Madre 2010 - Food for Body and Mind (29.11.2010)
- Challenges of Organic Retailing in China (14.10.2010)
- Reflections on BioFach and the Chinese Organic Sector (16.08.2010)
- Comments on BioFach Shanghai May 2009 (07.07.2009)
Note: Only articles in blue hyperlink can be read without subscription to Organic Market Info.
You can contact Yinghui Zhang-Carraro at: firstname.lastname@example.org